IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UKPC ticket, help with appealing

Options
Brad-ley
Brad-ley Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 19 March 2016 at 12:41PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

The other day. The driver dropped their girlfriend off at a train station and the driver parked in a car park that has a bunch of restaurants and a cinema. The parking there is free all day, with the condition that you don't leave the site. However there is inadequate signage to suggest that the train station is not part of the site. (the car park and train station are connected by stairs and a bridge). Anyway the driver left the car with their girlfriend to check the train times. The driver then returned to their car 10 minutes later to get her suitcase and then went back up the stairs and waited with her to get on the train. The driver then returned to their car to find they had a ticket. 21 minutes after first parking there!

The driver spoke to the attendant and he said the driver left the site because he thought they were getting on a train their self and that he gave the driver 20 minutes grace. the driver said, well did you not see me return to my car? So he actually only gave the driver 10 minutes grace (they returned to their car 2 minutes after the ticket had been issued) anyway the driver carried on talking and the attendant admitted to him, he shouldn't have given the ticket, but he couldn't revoke it now. So he told them to appeal it. THE ATTENDANT TOLD THEM TO APPEAL IT. However the driver is really not sure what to write in the appeal, so far they have this...

The driver is appealing this ticket on the grounds that the driver never left the site on which the driver was parked at. The driver spoke to the attendant after receiving the ticket and the attendant realised this, however he couldn't revoke the ticket so he told the driver to appeal it.

They could really do with any help from anyone that may have been in a similar situation before. Thanks.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 March 2016 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Don't do that! You will lose the appeal.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then appeal around day 26 online or day 22 by post. Appeal AS KEEPER using the BPA template in blue, and do not mention under any circumstances who was driving.

Amend your post to talk about "the driver," not "I."
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    that "situation" is not relevant and neither is one that has "happened before" , its your word against theirs

so do as fruitcake told you , amend post #1 and remove any hint of who did what ("the driver" are suitable words to use , not me , myself or I)

then use the blue text appeal on the days he told you to appeal this, giving nothing away

what happened on the day is now not relevant, only an appeal based on legal arguments to popla if they fail to cancel the parking invoice
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2016 at 4:23PM
    Options
    Do not say who was driving - this is vital at first appeal stage! As Fruitcake and Redx have said, read the sticky thread. I see you have edited your first post but you have still said (WRONGLY) ''The driver is appealing this ticket''. No they are not. The KEEPER is the appellant.

You really just need the template from the NEWBIES thread, to be safe, that's why it's there to stop people making a mistake like you are nearly doing. Best not to add anything because you are still suggesting the appellant is the driver...don't.

Is the NEWBIES FAQS thread invisible this week??
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ozne
    Ozne Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fruitcake needs to edit his post as well as he has quoted the original.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ozne wrote: »
    Fruitcake needs to edit his post as well as he has quoted the original.

Thanks. Done.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income