Provide FREE 0800 access to all DWP departments, agencies and public bodies

Options
Please sign this to make the DWP scrap their 0345 numbers. All calls to the DWP should be FREE!
https://www.change.org/p/iain-duncan-smith-provide-free-0800-access-to-all-dwp-departments-agencies-and-public-bodies

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    I won't. 0345 are very often free on mobile contracts , 0800 are not. I'd prefer 0345
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    I won't. 0345 are very often free on mobile contracts , 0800 are not. I'd prefer 0345

0800 are free on all mobiles.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All calls to the DWP should be FREE!

Why should they be free? Completely free calls will be just another burden on the welfare system & tax paying public. The money would have to come from somewhere & quite possibly benefits would be cut/axed to help meet the cost of the huge phone bill the government would have to pay.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm with cattie on this.....It will just be another bill for the taxpayer and lead to cuts in the long-term.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In a budget of £790 BILLION the cost of phone calls is small beer, very small
  • konark
    konark Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    It would be nice if they just answered the phone, they keep you hanging on until you just give up.
  • auldblerk
    auldblerk Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    You might get Ian Duncan Smith answering your call, he's looking for another job :D
    Can't see him going onto his own creation .. Universal Credit
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,947 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    In a budget of £790 BILLION the cost of phone calls is small beer, very small

It's still not to be sneezed at - I'm not sure how many calls they get a week, but it won't be a trivial number. And if it was free they'll probably end up fielding a lot of calls from the public that are nothing to do with benefits.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Poppie68 wrote: »
    I'm with cattie on this.....It will just be another bill for the taxpayer and lead to cuts in the long-term.

Please get real making a cost telephone number into a free one would lead to cuts to the taxpayer are you having a laugh or it's a joke surely you cannot be serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure