IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking ticket in our own parking space, appeal, pay or ignore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2016 at 11:38PM
    Options
    I think my best bet is to appeal using the advice above and just hope that they shut up,
    It doesn't work like that, it works like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5429424

...as the NEWBIES thread post #3 and post #4 tells you. This isn't a firm that offers POPLA. UKCPM are in the IPC so the appeal is just a statement by you that you are not a pushover.

But they don't just shut up, so be ready at least, for the tedium of the silly letter chain.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This lot are IPC members, so any appeal would go before the IPC's kangaroo Court for adjudication.

This shower will, in most cases, find in the PPC's favour.
    However, this does not make their decision legally binding, so you could just ignore any appeal decision that goes against you and wait to see if the PPC are dumb-enough to try using a real Court to extract payment from you.

You should appeal each an every ticket you get as a seperate entitiy. There are a few good threads linked by others already that will give you a good idea of how to prepare a decent and proper appeal.

You no longer make mention of GPEOL, but instead, you now use the 'landowner's rights' defence (just in case you see both mentioned and are confused).
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Before going anywhere near the IAS and Will Hurleys REd cow mob, i suggest you read up and research on this bunch, google Pakring prankster+IAS+ADR https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=IAS%2Bparking+prankster%2BADR&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB&gws_rd=ssl
    If/when you lose at IAS then its time to start the complaints rolling in, to bodies such as the chartered trading standards institute, the DVLA, the management company and so on. once you know what your doing you should be able to give them enough grief.

Another thing to consider is that alot of Parking company's use a self ticketing scheme,, that is where a nominated person will ticket a car/vehicle and receive a bounty for each successful ticket.
    In quite a few cases this may even be a neighbour.

and here we have it..http://www.uk-carparkmanagement.co.uk/services/parking-enforcement/self-ticketing
    Completely FREE of charge!
    This service allows you to issue parking tickets at your discretion.
    • Completey FREE of charge!
    • You receive £10 commission for every paid Parking Ticket!
    • 3 simple steps
    • Complete privacy!
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Emmazom
    Emmazom Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Now I'm even more confused! So what's the overall opinion then, should I appeal or just stump up and pay the £60 before it rises? As much as I'm up for writing an appeal letter, I don't want to spend months back and forth writing letters to them. The money thankfully is not an issue, its more principle, however we don't want to do anything to jeopardise our credit score etc as we are applying for a mortgage within the next month or so
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Emmazom wrote: »
    Now I'm even more confused! So what's the overall opinion then, should I appeal or just stump up and pay the £60 before it rises? As much as I'm up for writing an appeal letter, I don't want to spend months back and forth writing letters to them. The money thankfully is not an issue, its more principle, however we don't want to do anything to jeopardise our credit score etc as we are applying for a mortgage within the next month or so
    Have you read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread? At NO POINT do we tell you an option is to pay. Nor do you 'have' to reply to lots of letters, only one (if you want). Debt collector letters do not affect your credit rating. Post #3 and post #4 of the NEWBIES thread cover this.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure