IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye falsely issued PCN

Options
As I simply don't trust any of these outfits I wanted to just check that I am in the right. Vehicle was photographed in and out and a PCN was sent to the keeper issued with the claim that the inappropriate charge had been paid. In the duration of the stay in the carpark the driver actually purchased tickets in two lots - one for £2 the other for £5 totalling £7. £7 purchases 7 hours which exceeded the actual time spent in the carpark by 40 minutes. There is a sign that says -essentially -that you can pay prior to leaving. Because of the low cunning of these companies I kept the tickets and have the proof. It would be a very different matter if,after nearly three weeks, I had discarded them. Can I make something of this? I trapsed back to the carpark check on the charges etc and take photos of the sign etc, which involved an hour round trip and engaging in the appeals process all takes up time. They claim to have a contract with the driver and if so aren't they in breach! Furious about this!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 March 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options
    this blog and court case would be persuasive if it went to popla or to court

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016_02_01_archive.html

especially as no loss had occurred and you tried to "do the right thing"

ps:- the contract is "always with the driver" anyway, but due to POFA2012 for england and wales they can try to make the keeper responsible, and in any case they could go to court and ask the judge to consider that the keeper and driver are one and the same in any of the 4 countries of the UK
  • pjn100
    pjn100 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. I have contacted the blog you suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure