Credit report, which is the most accurate?

Options
Hello

I have been wondering for a while which website or organisation gives you the most accurate credit report?

I have used:
Credit Expert
Noddle
Clearscore

Each one gives me a different score... CE gives me a near perfect score and the latter give me a below average score?

Can someone clear this up for me please as it drives me crazy not understanding.
Which of the 3 would you listen to and which one matters when for example going for a new mortgage when I move house?

Thank You
Lee

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All three show the data that is reported to them. So they are all as accurate as the date they hold. You should check all three if you are applying for a mortgage.

The scores are different, but they are all consistent, as none of them mean anything and should be ignored.
  • iammoe
    Options
    when I eventually do go to look for a new mortgage will they look at all three reports CE, Noddle and Clearscore? Could they look at my noddle report and say NO to a certain mortgage and then look at CE and say YES to another mortgage?

I remember there being Callcredit, Equifax and Experian?

Sorry I am not very good with money talk I am just looking for a bit more understanding :cheesy:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lenders will use one or more of the reports and use the data on it, along with other information, to decide if they want to lend to you.

All you need to do is to ensure the information on your files is accurate and manage your credit well - ie no missed payments, no overlimits, regular credit usage, pay off in full each month (for cards), be on the electoral roll etc.
  • johnrulesokhere
    Options
    they are all very good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills