Chester Zoo!

Options
OMG had 2 day trips this weekend the first was chester zoo big mistake £41 donation [entry fee] another almost £7 for 2 cheeseburgers! lots of animals but not worth the cost thats before you even get to the shop !
2nd trip was to skegness what a lovely day £3 all day parking lots of reasonably priced shops and the seal sanctuary was incredible the cost was £15 and it was worth it ,this sanctuary does not recieve and lottery/council/government funding but chooses not to rip people off. we will deffinately be regular visitors there may even adopt a baby seal .:j :j

Comments

• musemad
    musemad Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    I think the first thing you did wrong was not looking around for some kids go free vouchers for chester zoo, there a a few on ebay and really if you are planning an expensive trip like that you should always plan ahead as it can turn out expensive.
    The second mistake was not making a load of sandwiches and expecting the food to be reasonable.The zoo food does tend to be expensive and you should have planed ahead again :eek:
    Thanks for the great review of skegness though I have always wanted to go and i will push it as an urgent now!
    I do love chester zoo though and try to go every year
  • mickamike404
    Options
    Hellow we are 2 pensioners and one son.and would dearly like to know how to get into chester ZOO as cheaply as possibly.

regards mike
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You both have PM's
  • jopsey
    jopsey Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would love to know how to get in for free also hope you don't mind me being cheeky
  • davethetaller
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    PM me if you want to know how to 'legitimately' get in for free :D

Is the idea to hire or steal the park keepers uniform?!!!

Still think that its a better idea though, than an extension ladder.:eek: :eek:

(PM Sent...Thanks)
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    PM's sent.

Offer closed now.

Is the Thank you button working :)
  • musemad
    Options
    I surpose you could hide in one of the many hay bales in the nearby zoo fields and be smuggled in as Elephant food!
    Well it would work, glad they don't feed hay to lions.
    Apparently in his younger days John Prescot used to sneak in regular through a hole in a fence ,bet he can't do it now!
    He felt guilty about it and told the zoo management about it ,ironic thing is he probably never paid that day as well as he was a VIP guest, Grrrrrrrrr.
  • kennyboy66_2
    Options
    http://www.visitchester.com/xsdbimgs/Chester%20Zoo.pdf

Gets you 1 free child per Adult. The standard price for Adults is £13.59 although they do encourage you to pay the donation enrty fee of £14.95.

Not cheap - however I think ChesterZoo is excellent value. I would plan to go early (10am) and stay all day (6pm) - you would still struggle to see everything.

Take a picnic & plenty of soft drinks - plenty of indoor & outdoor benches plus park areas to sit.
    I have never eaten there.

Don't let your children go in the shops.

If it lashes down, you usually get a rain check for another visit.

There used to be a Chester Zoo 10k run which allowed free entry.
    US housing: it's not a bubble

Moneyweek, December 2005
  • musemad
    Options
    While the food is not to bad if all you want is a plate of chips most people need something more filling after a few hours walking round
    The drinks prices are an outrage :eek:, but the cafes and eating spots are really great with dozens of spots for a picnic (In fact I think bringing food (Not for the animals ) is actively encoraged.:D
    Always take a picnic or at least a few sandwiches with you:j
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  • musemad
    Options
    Oh by the way the best thing to do if you really enjoy the zoo is to BUY A MEMBERSHIP this gives you free entry ALL YEAR ROUND.
    I bought one in 1999-2000
    I really had my moneys worth visting around 9-11 times, must have worked out at less than £5 a visit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure