We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Enigmatic Legends Intelligently Teach Excellently

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    wendyak wrote: »
    evening gang,
    got myself in a right Higgidy tonight as I didn't know the vouchers scanned at £3.75 so ended up in a negative situation and sa wouldn't have it so cancelled the whole thing :(
    Sent me to cs who put them thru and adjusted, even noted one was trying to get out as the box was open :eek::eek:

(well, how could I get two at once, that will teach me)...but all good in the end and sil was very interested as he loves pies so another convert me thinks :T:T

I got a bit flustered going in and out of store today doing one jiggy at a time. :o But I did get overage everytime buying essentials. :D

The £1 Hellmans mayo on offer is a good one at the moment. :cool:
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    It is only just getting dark down here in south of france. :rotfl:

Can't believe it is gone six already. :eek:
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Such an emotional post LEJC....bet there were lots of teary eyes reading that one:A

Hello durham:T

I have had a bit of an odd day.

Found a wallet in a trolley containing a lot of money and credit cards:eek: I took it to the CS and I hope it gets reunited with its owner:)

Attended a meeting at a local school to see all the original engraved boards on display of my old grammar school....Head and teachers. It was surreal seeing lots of names from the past that I recognised.

Then the strangest thing. A call from someone asking if I was her mother. She has been searching for someone with my name and thought she'd found me:eek: it was the craziest conversation I've had in a long time and took me ages to get her out of my head.

:o:)

That was a very strange call indeed I hope she gets a good outcome

Hope the owner of the wallet rewards your honesty
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    12814747_453765821485231_4209855235500616776_n.jpg?oh=9ad3a80c6570a9af3ba3396738eb366f&oe=575B7305
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Tinyshoes
    Options
    Mrsmac congratulations grandma :D on the birth of Finlay. :A

I hope mum and baby are doing well. x
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    That was a very strange call indeed I hope she gets a good outcome

Hope the owner of the wallet rewards your honesty

I didn't leave my name in T. To be honest I didn't want to "up my profile" so was more than happy to sneak away:)

Yes I wished her well mrsmac. What a different effect it would have on a man receiving that call....a young girl looking for her dad:eek:

At least I can say with absolute certainty that I've only had two children ;):cool:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    please has anyone got the Sainsburys email address - the one we have used before which has actually got through to a real person?

I bought 3 items for mycoupons on my card and on OHs card but for both of us only one item has been awarded the bonus points :mad:

just bumping this up incase the night shift have hidden resources.

someone on PTS is having the same issues so that's at least 3 of us having problems.

I did try asking someone on Sainsburys twiiter/FB feed but obviously he had never heard of mycoupons. I did try to educate him but he just kept spouting the wait 10 day rule :mad:

Fortunately it was just 3 items I bought so 5 of the items can be returned whenever I get to Sainsburys again - pity about this as some were things I could have added to the food bank bag - it will just have to be Branston beans now

I had 5 items on the seconds lists for both OH and myself to do this week but I cant activate those now so I cant buy them - you are only allowed 5 at a time - unless I take last weeks items off so either way I am not getting the missing points.
    but would I risk buying 5 more items for mycoupons and risk those items not being acknowledged either - no

so that's about £10 of shopping - £20 I wont be doing in Sainsburys but I don't suppose they are bothered.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Off to eat:)

Bubble and squeak with bangers and bacon:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Such an emotional post LEJC....bet there were lots of teary eyes reading that one:A

Hello durham:T

I have had a bit of an odd day.

Found a wallet in a trolley containing a lot of money and credit cards:eek: I took it to the CS and I hope it gets reunited with its owner:)

Attended a meeting at a local school to see all the original engraved boards on display of my old grammar school....Head and teachers. It was surreal seeing lots of names from the past that I recognised.

Then the strangest thing. A call from someone asking if I was her mother. She has been searching for someone with my name and thought she'd found me:eek: it was the craziest conversation I've had in a long time and took me ages to get her out of my head.

:o:)

what a really weird day - the sort of bizarre days I have frequently.

When we were on the tube last weekend at a stop a girl got up and left her phone, I saw it instantly and shouted to her - I think it shocked people as everyone looked - I just reacted instinctively - perhaps its not good tube etiquette to shout at random strangers?
    anyway it was my good deed for the day :j

that phone call was very random - and very sad, someone looking for their mum and just working through a list of numbers and hoping against hope
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Your weekend away sounds like just what you needed LEJC. Nice to have you back though.
    Pies had been restocked in my T again. I think it must be just the two flavours, I haven't seen any others. I wonder if I can fit in one more visit tomorrow in between dropping Jas at the cattery and heading to the airport hotel...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport