We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Have you done it yet?

Options
Have you done it yet?, you know that job which you keep putting off. Mine was the area behind the shed, the area you can't see and because of that, things get dumped there. Promises promises to get on and tidy it up fell in vain, but last night I decided to syke myself up and I mentally prepared myself.

With my old garden clothes (you're never going out in those) covering every inch, I embarked. The good thing was that because it hasn't rained for ages, everything was dry, almost dusty. Bit by bit it all came out. The came the cry, "will you come and help me?", there's too much stuff here.

Being a good and dutifull wife, with nothing more to do only prepare the Sunday dinner inbetween washing and ironing, making beds etc, she managed to find time to come and help.

My mid-day, I feel that I had, whoops WE had done a good mornings work. The bins are full and everything in the garden is lovely.

Comments

• lilmoi1985lm
    Options
    hey, last week my mil decided to clear out garden shed...only we had everything out and ended up putting it all back in again becasue she 'needed' everything ?????? ;)
    Money's our first priority, it doesn't make sense to me -Simple Plan - Crazy
    Debt at lightbulb moment 13/12/07 £13820. Debt now 20/02/09 £11316:confused:
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Nerd #665'
  • Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    lilmoi, your mil and my DH would get on well. His idea of having a tidy shed is having 12 square inches inside the door
    Islandman, my next Yuck job is to tidy and CLEAN the greenhouse and I will do this as soon as the tomatoes are ready. At the rate they are ripening, it may be November. Next November.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Off to tidy the ex garage tomorrow weather permitting as I have to take it out to re tidy back in. We have all sorts in there, boxes full of kids toys, lawnmower, bikes, logs, paint, washing machine from our old house still fairly new etc etc

We built a what I thought was a large log holder so logs wouldn't fall out and hurt us, but dont think we have enough logs for Winter so we need a bigger on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure