K&L's 2016 FTB deposit & round the world travel savings diary

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Hutchch0920
    Hutchch0920 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Hey SW what's new with you? What was your favourite place to travel?

We've put away £1400 this month, although OH has 'borrowed' £300 for a new gaming computer that he wants, having sold the PS4 I bought him for Valentines Day (lol).

A couple of weekends ago we went back out to Kent to see OH's family. It was a really nice day including a BBQ at a care home and making homemade pizza and playing croquet. OH stayed overnight while I headed back home.

Last weekend I met friends for brunch at a place I've been wanting to try out, it was great and fun to meet new people. Then I went on a massive walk and Roamler mission which was rather successful.

We've got a few holiday plans in the making - next month I'll be in Bournemouth for three days for my final cheer comp (possibly ever - depending on travelling). I am going to miss it so much, I actually cried a little bit after training. I want to get some personalised cards done to give to some of my teammates. A few of the team are staying an extra night to go out, so OH and I decided to join.

We're planning to go to Scotland in August but nothing is booked yet, and I'll need to make some extra money to cover the car rental etc. We're also going back to Scotland for a wedding in November, so have booked the train at a bargain £50 return each and will stay in an AirBnB. So excited!! I'd love to just get out of work now. As much as I like it here I am ready for a new challenge.
    Save £12k in 2017 / Dec 2017 Travel Cash = £12,400 / £14,000 88.5%[/COLOR]

House Deposit = £20,500 / £18,000:money:
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG, you have put so much away this month really well done.

I think my favourite place was India but I loved going abroad when I was younger and it has given me good memories in my old age.

You sound so busy. I bet you are really healthy with all the cheerleading - I am sure you will find plenty to keep you occupied while you are travelling. And you can still do it after as you are young and healthy for sure.

Enjoy Bournemouth and happy hols in Scotland.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Hi - I wanted to pop on and say I'll be subscribing. You are doing so well with all the saving - DH and I went travelling for a year a few years ago. It was the most amazing experience and the memories you will have will all be worth the budgeting now. We did an overland safari through East Africa starting in Kenya and working down to South Africa followed by five months in South East Asia and finally ended in Australia. Good luck!
    Credit Cards owed Jan 2019: £10,300, Argos Card: £110, Savings for Maternity (TTC): £950, NS&I: £200, Emergency Fund £700/£1000

• Hutchch0920
    Options
    Hello all! Can't believe I have posted since June! I guess summer got in the way. We're currently sat at about £12,400 with a new target of £15,000. We've now booked our flights to Japan, and our intention is to travel onwards into the Philippines and beyond! It's 63 days until we fly - I can't quite believe it.

OH got a payout from work this month so we've put a little more in our house deposit so that's now up to £20,500.

We've slowly been selling or charity shopping all our things, the plan is to only have a suitcase or a couple of boxes' worth to store at my Grandma's house - for me it'll just be sentimental stuff like my cheer uniforms and trinkets from when I was a child.

My Mum came for her birthday and we had such a wonderful time. We went to take a look around the John Soanes Museum and the Wellcome Trust exhibition on health and graphic design. We had steak dinner with my older sister and my niece, and then on the Sunday went to view Canaletto at the Queen's Gallery, followed by afternoon tea. It was so fun to spend the weekend with her being a tourist in my own city.
    Save £12k in 2017 / Dec 2017 Travel Cash = £12,400 / £14,000 88.5%[/COLOR]

House Deposit = £20,500 / £18,000:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family