Options
13»

Comments

• Jivesinger
    Jivesinger Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Why a Surface pro and not looking at the Surface book?
    Why resurrect a thread from March 2016 when it's now March 2017?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jivesinger wrote: »
    Why resurrect a thread from March 2016 when it's now March 2017?

Doh! came up on an unrelated search and I thought it was this year :o
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gatita wrote: »
    I agree, they are disgustingly expensive!! but I assure you it will be definite one off!

If you insist on spending so much then you might light to consier the HP Spectre

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Offer.aspx?p=c-spectre-x360

Review:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/hp-spectre-x360-2016

Video

https://youtu.be/tXV7k7Bt9ow

Take a trip to John Lewis and see these in action, then come home and get the best price.

The two you are considering are known to be overpriced, tend to have poorer components and a certain amount of stich up factor (I will get attacked by the fanboys for even thinking this.

My niece was considering those and the spectre, then she saw a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2 in 1 for £699 at JL, she said the built was obviously a bit more plastic but more practical. However, despite reviews she liked the screen and the 2 in 1 implementation was best she had seen.

Of course I was asked to check it out, CPU was a nifty version of Core I5 7200U which was actually pretty close to a Core I7 she was considering. Way more power than she needs but the form factor and 2 in 1 sold it for her.

I found the Dell on Dell Outlet (refurbed new kit with warranty) it was £434 less 10% plus VAT with 256gb SSD and 8gb Ram and that is what she is going for, she liked the HP but could not justify the cost.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had one of the new Macbook Pro's but I was tempted by the Windows Surface Pro 4. I borrowed one for 72 hours, but it still gave me all of the issues I remembered of a windows computer.

I had multiple windows open on the computer and it restarted to update windows. No warnings nothing. Took 15 minutes to come back on. Luckily it had autosaved most of the work but locked me out of Sage.

Thats why I'd got with the fool proof macbook, I still have windows on it for Sage but use Parallels.
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rhysadams wrote: »
    Thats why I'd got with the fool proof macbook, I still have windows on it for Sage but use Parallels.

I would hardly call macbook fool proof, it is more like driving a car where you can't change the battery.#

The fact that you have to install an emulator to run decent software says it all.

I do agree that MS update nonsense is annoying, I read today that a class action has been started in US regarding the forced updates of Win10.

I think the macbook suits certain kinds of users and if you are one such user, good luck and I hope it continues to work for you.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I think the OP will be getting some other Tech for his 76th birthday,:bdaycake: since this thread is over 1 year old , and he was deciding for his 75th
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the OP will be getting some other Tech for his 76th birthday,:bdaycake: since this thread is over 1 year old , and he was deciding for his 75th

Yeah but Apple or Microsoft,thats the real question! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport