M&S bank

Options
123457»

Comments

• indsty
    indsty Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    marbella wrote: »
    Can I open a current account in the M&S Store Bank?

Yes, I did, but definitely phone or visit first as you will likely have to make an appointment. The process took about 30 minutes when I did it.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And following on post 49, my switch having completed, I rang to open the regular saver to be pleasantly surprised by the news that as my account had been opened and switch process initiated before the change from 6% to 5%, I would qualify to receive 6% on the regular saver!:)

Well done M&S - credit where it's due!:T
  • Lolly88
    Lolly88 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone with the regular saver tell me how long it's taken them to access the money with interest once it has matured? It says up to five working days on the M&S website but I just wondered if it's actually this long in practice?
    Homeowner
    :j
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone with the regular saver tell me how long it's taken them to access the money with interest once it has matured? It says up to five working days on the M&S website but I just wondered if it's actually this long in practice?
    http://www.moneywise.co.uk/m-s-bank/monthly-saver

If it operates in the same way as FD, it's quicker if you already have an everyday saver into which maturity proceeds can be transferred.

I have opened an everyday saver with M&S in addition to the regular monthly saver - it pays 0.5% if you have a current account with M&S - harly a fortune but not bad considering current rates.
  • johnac
    johnac Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If you makes use of mobile banking apps (which I do as it's easier than logging in online) avoid M&S. Their mobile app as awful, you can view your balance and look at the last 5 transactions and that's it.

I assumed it would be an M&S branded version of the HSBC/First Direct (both I've used, neither perfect but at least you can do day to day banking things)

M&S app like the first foray into mobile apps banks started with 10 years ago.

Enjoying free lunch with the gift card, wouldn't use as main account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure