IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKpc parking charge

Hi everyone
I hope you can help please.
Back in December I received a parking ticket on my company van, We are a small home based business and were loading for a corporate Christmas party in a space at the back of the venue. The parking space has a double yellow line. I was aware of the double yellow line but had parked there before whilst loading and dismantling the disco etc, The ticket I received states that this is a permit area and that the signs were clearly visible. The signs were clearly visible I do admit. I appealed the ticket on the grounds of loading for the Christmas party , also that my vehicle was on double yellow lines and I had been told this was a public highway. The appeal wasn't upheld and I was sent the POPLA code. For some reason this would not go into the system despite trying many times. There was an error everytime I tried. I then called POPLA who advised it was too late (after 28 days) and to take advice from CAB. I did that and they told me to write to both POPLA and UKPC with my appeal once again, This I did sending the correspondence recorded delivery as advised. I heard nothing from neither organisation , but I did get a debt letter, saying the :(fine had gone up to £150.00 . This prompted me to call UK PC and they said they couldn't help, they did have the letter but ignored it. ( as you do) POPLA also said they couldn't help with the appeal after the date, and that CAB had given the wrong advice. So now I seem to be stuck. I really don't want a court judgement as I have just build my credit back up . Is there anything I can do now? :(

Thanks in advance
Giggsthedog

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 February 2016 at 6:28PM
    complain to the BPA and DVLA with copies of the paperwork

try for a landowner cancellation too

UKPC have 6 years to try a court claim

even if it goes to court and you lost, there is no record and no CCJ as long as you pay the judgment PROMPTLY, (typically between £180 and £250) , so say within 14 to 28 days, as detailed on any judgment , so pay up and no credit record issues

IGNORE the debt collectors
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2016 at 6:13PM
    UKPC are the dregs of the dregs, some reading:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]UKPC are former clampers who have been involved in quite a number of sordid scams, for example[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hull Trading Standards took them to court on 15 counts of fraud. They won all but one, but only because they had a better lawyer, a Q.C. If I recall correctly[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They were bested by a Winchester barrister [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They were involved in a large scale scam which resulted in a DVLA suspension[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Then they had another go, this one is still being investigated[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5390608&highlight=ukpc+fraud[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]And then of course there was Tracey Kiss[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.tracykiss.com/product-reviews/my-ukpc-parking-charge/[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone
    I hope you can help please.
    Back in December I received a parking ticket on my company van, We are a small home based business and were loading for a corporate Christmas party in a space at the back of the venue. The parking space has a double yellow line. I was aware of the double yellow line but had parked there before whilst loading and dismantling the disco etc, The ticket I received states that this is a permit area and that the signs were clearly visible. The signs were clearly visible I do admit. I appealed the ticket on the grounds of loading for the Christmas party , also that my vehicle was on double yellow lines and I had been told this was a public highway. The appeal wasn't upheld and I was sent the POPLA code. For some reason this would not go into the system despite trying many times. There was an error everytime I tried. I then called POPLA who advised it was too late (after 28 days) and to take advice from CAB. I did that and they told me to write to both POPLA and UKPC with my appeal once again, This I did sending the correspondence recorded delivery as advised. I heard nothing from neither organisation , but I did get a debt letter, saying the :(fine had gone up to £150.00 . This prompted me to call UK PC and they said they couldn't help, they did have the letter but ignored it. ( as you do) POPLA also said they couldn't help with the appeal after the date, and that CAB had given the wrong advice. So now I seem to be stuck. I really don't want a court judgement as I have just build my credit back up . Is there anything I can do now? :(

Thanks in advance
    Giggsthedog

This makes sad reading as do all the recent posts about these cowboys. UKPC are a fraudulent company and are currently on their last red card with the DVLA. THEY DOCTOR PICTURES ?

If the code for POPLA did not work, then complain directly to the BPA/POPLA. The question is, were you given the correct code, why would the POPLA not accept the code ?
    A lot of questions to be asked and as said, issue your complaint about this to the DVLA.

Does UKPC have planning permission for their signs, check with the council.

Whilst this Parking Prankster blog refers to another parking company, none of us know if any of these parking companies get planning permission, it is a serious matter.
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/planning-backlash-against-illegal.html

The CAB are good at most matters but lack knowledge about private parking. Would be a good idea to tell the CAB that POPLA says their information is wrong. Might start a few tongues wagging.

Again as said, forget the debt collector stuff, they are powerless morons designed to scare. Only UKPC could take you to court and even if it does get that far, you have the opportunity to pay before you would get a CCJ.

Just, file away the stream of dodgy debt collector letters in a file called "scammers".

If you get a real court letter come back here
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    as above ......

you can not get this sorted via the normal POPLA route :o

however there is still a way (as alluded to above)

" were loading for a corporate Christmas party in a space at the back of the venue."

who was the venue ? who booked you ? how often do you go there ?

so the only way to sort this ....

other than wait six years .......

is to complain to the venue owner / operator / landlord / company ....

have a read through the newbies thread especially the section on complaining ......

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    So now I seem to be stuck. I really don't want a court judgement as I have just build my credit back up . Is there anything I can do now?

Same as everyone did for many years quite happiily before POPLA existed. It is very easy, done it myself before POPLA existed. Ignore UKPC unless they try a small claim, which is VERY RARE. They mainly pick on multi-ticket cases for court and the rest just go to debt collector letter chains until the scam fizzles out.

If you pay this you perpetuate the rip-off and fund the next PCN against a vulnerable family or elderly person whco may not know they don't have to use their weekly food money to pay it.

Read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and please Google each letter instead of posting here about them. We've seen them too many times!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure