Booking.com Best Price Guarantee

Dear All
I have booked a hotel room with Booking.com due to their Best Price Guarantee. I subsequently found a cheaper offer with Trip advisor on the 16th Feb and it is still not resolved.
I emailed them with the info of the price different, they responded asking for more info a few days later. The price had changed but was still much cheaper, so I responded with the new price and the info. 4 days later they responded having looked at the wrong room and told me I was incorrect. I pointed out they had read the wrong info and did a screen shot, sending this back.
I then received an email saying I was right and offering me a refund of the difference, the only issue being that it was only £15 of the £60 difference. I responded to this and seemed to have to start at the beginning again. I was asked for the links to prices and their guarantees, which I sent. One person said they would see if I could get a full refund, however I find out today this was not possible due to their policy, but they have offered me the smaller amount again.
I know this may seem like a ramble, however I am very frustrated and don't know what my next move is. Can anyone help?
Bex

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have they explained why they were only offering £15 instead of the difference?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    How long after booking did you find the cheaper price?

As per the T&Cs the guarantee only covers a cheaper price at the time of booking and only if you contact them immediately. It does not cover price drops after booking.

I've endured their customer service before... Yeah, I'm not sure they understand English, they just pick up on key words and send standard responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure