Beneficiaries right to ask for accountancy

Options
My father and I were the beneficiaries of an estate. I have received my portion, my father's went into a trust for him (this is how the will was outlined). Once he dies, I receive the money that's left. Do I have a right to ask for an accountancy of the estate to see what has been spent, so that funds aren't unnecessarily spent. I ask this because my father is mentally incapacitated. The money he receives from the govt pays for his care. The will stated his half was to go into a trust that accrued interest and the interest was to only be used. However, I have found out that the executors are wanting to set up a direct debit of his funds to pay for something. What that something is---I don't know!

Comments

• weezie7
    weezie7 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure how much you would get, info wise. Do you have POA for your Dad? In which case you are in stronger position.

You could ask for details of spending/annual accounts, as your Dad should be having those.....

Depending on the Trust, they have a duty of care also to the beneficiaries to 'protect the assets'.

Hope it helps!

I am in a similar position with trying to find out Trust Fund cost, spending and balance, as a beneficiary!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure