NPower smart meters- a word of warning

Options
smjxm09
smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 26 February 2016 at 11:27PM in Energy
I was a happy NPower customer until I agreed to their request to fit smart meters to my gas and electric supply.

A date was fixed which required me to take a day off work only for their appointed contractor not to turn up.

A second appointment was made with me receiving many emails reminding me of my appointment but again their contractor failed to turn up.

After receiving compensation twice their contractor refused to make a third appointment claiming that they had no one trained in my area to install these meters and that they had told NPower this and it was up to NPower to tell me that they were not attending which NPower did not do.

Complaints to the NPower complaints team resulted in automated email responses claiming they would contact me in I think 7 days but they never got back to me. Phone calls to them was not inspiring when I was asked what did I want them to do about it. I was also told it was pointless complaining to Ofgem after giving them the mandatory timescale to rectify the issue.

They were actually correct about Ofgem as Ofgem has also failed to follow its own guidelines by not replying twice to my emails when their automated responses stated they would contact me in 10 working days. That was a month ago!

Well I had enough, as I have now switched supplier.

NPower I hope you read this, I was a happy customer until you wrote to me and asked me to switch meters, now you have lost me!

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    smjxm09 wrote: »
    I was a happy NPower customer until I agreed to their request to fit smart meters to my gas and electric supply.

A date was fixed which required me to take a day off work only for their appointed contractor not to turn up.

A second appointment was made with me receiving many emails reminding me of my appointment but again their contractor failed to turn up.

After receiving compensation twice their contractor refused to make a third appointment claiming that they had no one trained in my area to install these meters and that they had told NPower this and it was up to NPower to tell me that they were not attending which NPower did not do.

Complaints to the NPower complaints team resulted in automated email responses claiming they would contact me in I think 7 days but they never got back to me. Phone calls to them was not inspiring when I was asked what did I want them to do about it. I was also told it was pointless complaining to Ofgem after giving them the mandatory timescale to rectify the issue.

They were actually correct about Ofgem as Ofgem has also failed to follow its own guidelines by not replying twice to my emails when their automated responses stated they would contact me in 10 working days. That was a month ago!

Well I had enough, as I have now switched supplier.

NPower I hope you read this, I was a happy customer until you wrote to me and asked me to switch meters, now you have lost me!

Hi smjxm09

I am sorry to hear of your experience. If there is anything I can help you with, please send your details on an email (using the email address on our profile) and I will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Vicky :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure