IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Robot Lawyer for parking appeals letters

Options
dodgy123
dodgy123 Posts: 27 Forumite
edited 23 February 2016 at 8:39PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I heard about this on an American tech news podcast (Daily Tech News Show)
Here is the article about a British man at Stanford University and a quote from Business Insider.
Basically his website bot asks you questions and spits out the appropriate letters for you to send to court for appeal (figures on the article are in Dollars but the website is for UK tickets)

Thought it might be of help to some people here.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/joshua-browder-bot-for-parking-tickets-2016-2?op=1?r=US&IR=T

"Hiring a lawyer for a parking ticket appeal is not only a headache — it can also cost more than the ticket itself.
Depending on the case and the lawyer, an appeal (a legal process where you argue out of paying the fine) can cost between $400 to $900.
But with the help of a bot made by British programmer Joshua Browder, 19, it costs nothing.
Browder's bot handles questions about parking ticket appeals in the UK. Since launching in late 2015, it has successfully appealed $3 million worth of Tickets"

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi, and welcome to the forum ....

as far as I am a where ......

this is only of use for council tickets

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh yes, I read about him in the paper a couple of months ago. Seemed like he'd done a good job of simplifying Council ticket appeals into several click button questions which is a great idea and free.

Maybe we should tell people about that as well as pepipoo. Seemed a clever idea and I looked at the questions and for certain PCNs it was spot on. Pepipoo experts would be better if it gets complicated but for something simple like proving you were loading on double yellows (which is allowed) it looked to do the job & make it simple for people to understand.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure