IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket - Total Parking Solutions (TPS)

Options
Hi all.

I'd just like to report back with a success story.

Just before Christmas my car was given a parking ticket for being parked in a free car park with a maximum stay of 120minutes (the car was returned to within the time limit). The car park was being 'run' by Total Parking Solutions.

I didn't pay as I read the newbie thread and took the advice. I then received a notice to pay from TPS (as the registered keeper).

So in response I used the first template reply in the newbie thread. This was 2 weeks ago. Today I finally received a reply saying they are pleased to say they have cancelled the charge and I am no longer required to pay.

I do find it strange that a company that seems so 'legitimate', so easily changes its mind on a parking charge by a simple letter of response.

Anyway, thank you for all the advice that is put forward here. It helped a lot.

For those in the process of an appeal, keep at it and don't let up :)

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done. Perhaps they recognised the appeal template as the first step in them being beaten and decided to call off the dogs instead of losing thirty odd quid at PoPLA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • UnrulyFool
    Options
    Nice work,

I'm happy you got the resolution. Anything which denies these sharks money is good in my book!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to read the template first appeal, even though it is short and sweet, is recognised and gets some PPCs to cancel, early doors.

Thanks for reporting back with your success.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure