Aer Lingus Dediddling???

Options
Divorcing
Divorcing Posts: 81 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 19 February 2016 at 3:09PM in Consumer rights
Hi all

Friend of mine booked 6 seats with Aer Lingus directly on 1/2/16 to fly to Knock, Ireland (hence the dediddling reference!) on 28/7/16.

Since then AL have changed the time of the flights by email on 9/2, then again on 16/2 then they changed the day of the flight and now they have changed the booking entirely and the destination is now Dublin!

The reasons they gave for changing the flights was 'technical reasons' but strangely enough (not!) there are still seats on the original flight but AL will not change the booking back and have asked my friends party pay the difference as the flights have now gone up in price!

To add insult to injury they will not even provide or pay for the transfer from Dublin to the West of Ireland!

Now I'm no expert but this stinks and surely they cannot do this can they?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Divorcing wrote: »
    Hi all

Friend of mine booked 6 seats with Aer Lingus directly on 1/2/16 to fly to Knock, Ireland (hence the dediddling reference!) on 28/7/16.

Since then AL have changed the time of the flights by email on 9/2, then again on 16/2 then they changed the day of the flight and now they have changed the booking entirely and the destination is now Dublin!

The reasons they gave for changing the flights was 'technical reasons' but strangely enough (not!) there are still seats on the original flight but AL will not change the booking back and have asked my friends party pay the difference as the flights have now gone up in price!

Now I'm no expert but this stinks and surely they cannot do this can they?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Would be better on the Flights Board.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you put a complaint in writing to them that they were contracted to provide flights from x to y on x date and returning y date.

They have made material changes to what they are supplying which you consider to be a fundamental breach of contract.

Once you've made a written complaint, you should be able to complain to the CAA - https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/How-the-CAA-can-help/How-the-CAA-can-help/

If that doesn't work, then it would be court action.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure