Tumble dryer refund?

Options
2»

Comments

• LongTallKatie
    Options
    The info you posted over there was equally erroneous.

I actually don't care what you think, I got the result I wanted eventually, and that makes me rather pleased!
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I actually don't care what you think, I got the result I wanted eventually, and that makes me rather pleased!

And I don't care what you think. What I do care about is you giving others information that could harm them financially all because your view is distorted by that high horse you rode in on.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • bouncydog1
    bouncydog1 Posts: 2,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been in contact with the store that sold me the dryer and also with hotpoint on several occasions. Both are standing firm. The store has advised that the dryer is not faulty or not fit for purpose, because it still works and is still useable. It must just not be left unattended or put on the timer overnight. Hotpoint have offered a replacement for £79 but I would rather have an upgrade and pay the difference. My suggestion has been refused. The engineers have a huge amount of dryers to fix and in my area although I reported it all in November, there are over 500 on the list before me to be fixed!! I would also think, that Hotpoint et al have taken legal advice on their position. I would think that if SOGA applied they would have rolled over.
  • LongTallKatie
    Options
    And I don't care what you think. What I do care about is you giving others information that could harm them financially all because your view is distorted by that high horse you rode in on.

Yet more, 'I know better than you,' brigade... I think it's you that needs to get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset. Just because you have 2000+ posts does not give you to right to abuse new users who are simply sharing their own experiences.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yet more, 'I know better than you,' brigade... I think it's you that needs to get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset. Just because you have 2000+ posts does not give you to right to abuse new users who are simply sharing their own experiences.

What an interesting viewpoint you have - that saying someone's legal assertions are wrong equates to being abusive.

Perhaps you should sue me ;)
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also, for the record if anything it would be the CRA that applies not SOGA as the dryer was purchased in October.
  • The-Truth
    Options

Yes but he's well known for getting the facts right. That therefore means you're wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure