IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Is parking ticket enforceable?

Options
Hi I parked at my local college car park the other day in a disabled space, which obviously I was wrong to do. I was parked for half a hour and when I got back to my car there was a parking ticket on it. Having looked at the ticket it seems a very basic one with not much info on it apart from my car details, time parked, the college name on the top, telling me to pay a £20 fine. On the back it tells me where to pay and to email the college finance office if I want to appeal. That's about it. There are no clearly visible signs around the car park that they have a policy on parking like you would find for example at a service station. There's not even anything on the ticket about how long you have to pay. Should I pay it? Or ignore it? Or appeal it? It just seems very amateurish compared to other parking tickets I've had in the past

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have you given your car VRN number to the collage when you registered or when applying for a parking permit?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    INAMESS wrote: »
    Hi I parked at my local college car park the other day in a disabled space, which obviously I was wrong to do.

I was parked for half a hour and when I got back to my car there was a parking ticket on it. Having looked at the ticket it seems a very basic one with not much info on it apart from my car details, time parked, the college name on the top, telling me to pay a £20 fine. On the back it tells me where to pay and to email the college finance office if I want to appeal. That's about it.

There are no clearly visible signs around the car park that they have a policy on parking like you would find for example at a service station. There's not even anything on the ticket about how long you have to pay.

Should I pay it? Or ignore it? Or appeal it? It just seems very amateurish compared to other parking tickets I've had in the past

Don't park in a disabled bay.

But I would wait and see if they can get the keeper's data at the DVLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • INAMESS
    INAMESS Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they manage to get my details from the DVLA what happens then? Can they really enforce the fine? As I said before the parking ticket itself seems to lack a lot of information you would usually get on a ticket such as those issued by traffic wardens etc
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    INAMESS wrote: »
    If they manage to get my details from the DVLA what happens then? Can they really enforce the fine? As I said before the parking ticket itself seems to lack a lot of information you would usually get on a ticket such as those issued by traffic wardens etc

It is not a fine.

If they get your details from the DVLA then you can appeal it. Come back here if that happens.

If they can't get your details then you have been let off with a warning not to park in a disabled bay when none of the occupants of the car were disabled.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business