Help regarding credit report and IVA

Options
Hi All

I'll try and explain the best I can but please bear with me !

I have had some financial difficulties , I had an IVA which started 2008 (well thats what it says on credit file but I thought it was later on than that) , Anyway it failed around 3 years ago (mainly due to gambling problems , this is all now very much under control)

I have recently accessed my credit report with all 3 agencies , each showing the IVA , but what I am now wondering is where do I stand as regards the IVA is there a way to get it removed off my file because although it did fail , it did start 8 years ago , or will it not go off my file until 6 years after it failed ?

thanks in advance for any replies

Mark

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    6 years after it failed.
  • markscfc72
    Options
    Right okay thanks for the reply much appreciated .

I suppose the best thing I can do then to improve my credit rating is to list the defaults from across the 3 agencies and to contact them to negotiate repayments ?

Do you think this will have much of an effect when they are all cleared , as for whatever reason I aren't hearing off any of the companies for around 2 years or so I suppose I am weighing up repaying the defaults Vs waiting until the debts are 6 years old

What are people thoughts ?

Thanks
  • markscfc72
    Options
    6 years after it failed.

Just to add , I thought this would be the case BUT , I just noticed this on the equifax website

'All Judgments/Decrees and Administration Orders (satisfied and unsatisfied) will be deleted from our database six years from the date of Judgment.'
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    The IVA will not be removed from your report at the 6 years point from it's start unless it is marked as concluded/failed/settled. If your IVA company has not done this, then you need to complain to them and demand that the insolvency register is updated.

Once that is updated, the CRAs should pick up it dropping from there and it will drop from the CRAs.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure