Left my shopping at Aldi and they put it back on their shelves

Options
I left a large bag of tinned food at Aldi recently. The store know i left it and had paid for it as a staff member recognised me and told me id left the bag. However as i left the bag for over a week they have put all the tins back on the shelf. I cant find my receipt but can show my card transaction. Are they legally allowed todo this or do i have rights to get the goods i paid for back?

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    birdy65 wrote: »
    I left a large bag of tinned food at Aldi recently. The store know i left it and had paid for it as a staff member recognised me and told me id left the bag. However as i left the bag for over a week they have put all the tins back on the shelf. I cant find my receipt but can show my card transaction. Are they legally allowed todo this or do i have rights to get the goods i paid for back?
    It probably depends on whether that staff member is happy to vouch on your behalf. Without their corroboration, it would look as though you bought some tins one week, took them home, and now want to claim that you "forgot" them and please could you have them all again?

You left them for a week. I'm not surprised they thought you weren't coming back.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • birdy65
    Options
    Cheers, i bought 6 large bags of food for the food bank and hadn't
    realised that one was missing ill go and see them and see what they say
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maybe you should have gone down asap to collect the bag.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And......................................breathe!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    If the shop don't operate a formal storage service for customers, after a week it must have really been getting in peoples ways, and likely someone assumed it was abandoned for some or other reason. I think going in with muddle-headed smiles will go further than any question of 'rights', especially if you enquire after the end of doing your normal/a large shop!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure