We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Purchasing flights on soon to expire credit card
kpizzle17
Posts: 25 Forumite
in Credit cards
I'm looking to purchase flights this week for December 2016 and my credit card is due to expire at the end of the month. The new card has already come through but I can't use it yet as it's valid from 03/16.
I'm just wondering if there's any implications of booking a flight with a card that will have expired when I travel?
Thanks
I'm just wondering if there's any implications of booking a flight with a card that will have expired when I travel?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Would have thought this is a regular occurrence. I'd take the old expired card with you to the airport alongside the new one just in case.0
-
From my experience the only you need in an airport is a passport.0
-
That won't be a problem.
It's common in some parts of the world (mostly east Asia) to require the credit card used for booking to be presented at check-in as a counter fraud measure. But I'm not aware of any UK or European airline that does this.0 -
BA used to require this at one stage...That won't be a problem.
It's common in some parts of the world (mostly east Asia) to require the credit card used for booking to be presented at check-in as a counter fraud measure. But I'm not aware of any UK or European airline that does this.0 -
That won't be a problem.
It's common in some parts of the world (mostly east Asia) to require the credit card used for booking to be presented at check-in as a counter fraud measure. But I'm not aware of any UK or European airline that does this.
Lots of Asian airlines fly from the UK and Europe too, and the OP doesn't say who they're thinking of booking with.
Post #2 is the advice required if this is going to be an issue.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards