Virgin contract went up despite being promised a price for 12 months when haggling.

Options
I was still in contract before and when they reported the price increase I contacted them about leaving or getting a better deal, they quoted me if I stay I will get 200 meg broadband, unlimited calls and line rental for £36.

My december bill was low as they had to manually adjust it to remove the old services but January bill was £10 higher than it should, and this month was £13.50 higher than it should be.

I contacted them before and was told the £10 higher was due to December bill being too low, but this time was told theres some error on the discount part and it can't be manually adjusted but what they can do is give me a new 12 month contract to get the discount however the £3.50 extra was due to the "price increases"

The whole point of me getting a deal before was to not get the price increase.

So what rights do I have? they stated £36 for 12 months and increased it to £39.50 despite me asking at the time about the increase and they said my bill wont be affected, and due to a seperate error they say they can only adjust it by giving me a new contract.

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is no such thing as a fixed contract. BUT they should have given you a price inclusive of the February increase as this was known to be coming in December.

They should be able to get round the minimum term being readded to your contract (its NOT a new contract - its a new minimum term to the same contract)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure