🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

unable to post comments to Facebook using android tablet

Options
littlerock
littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 8 February 2016 at 12:46PM in Techie Stuff
As of yesterday, I can no longer post comments on Facebook using my android tablet (hudl 2). Previously , to post a comment on Facebook, I typed in the comment and pressed enter/return. Now all that does is start a new line. It no longer posts the comment onto facebook. Anyone else got the same problem?

Comments

• littlerock
    Options
    Help please anyone?
  • darrenhlive
    Options
    the problem is quite dedicated i have never had such problem like it are you using a facebook application to connect to facebook, if you are using an application make sure your facebook is updated into latest release OR you may try going to your android settings >> Click applications >> click facebook and clear all cache and data and try relogin
  • nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My mother has the same problem on her Samsung Galaxy 10 Tablet and it's really frustrating her.

She access Facebook using the Google Chrome browser, rather than via the Facebook app.

Any idea how she can get round this. The tablet has recently been updated.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can't you just click the post button? (The blue arrow)

it sounds like a keyboard option, "enter key starts new line"
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would delete the app .
    Reboot and install the app .
  • littlerock
    edited 9 February 2016 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Like Neesies mother (above) I use the fb desktop option from within chrome, not the app. This has worked since I bought it and suddenly stopped working around 3 days ago. There is NO blue "post" arrow. The only way to post a comment is to type it in, then depress the enter/return key.

Mine is a hudl 2. I have tried it on OHs hudl2 and it has the same problem so maybe it is related to an update? Then why are no other hudl 2 users reporting this problem? Does anyone here have a hudl2 and can check on theirs? Otherwise I might put up a separate post asking for help from other hudl2 owners.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't use facebook very often but just tried it on my Hudl2. Using Chrome web browser and I posted a couple of replies with no issues, type the comment in, then hit the return button on the keyboard and it posts it just fine.

Is it maybe an issue with the keyboard app? Or can you try using another browser like Opera and see if you get the same problem with it?
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Does any combination of the enter key post instead, e.g. shift & enter or alt & enter?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • littlerock
    edited 11 February 2016 at 12:29AM
    Options
    Just to be clear - I am using the Chrome browser not the app version. I can post an original thread OK (the little blue box marked post appears to the right of it.). What i cannot do is repky to or comment on someone else's comment or reply. All that happens when I type in a comment and press enter is that it starts a new line. I have tried a long press on the enter key and combinations like tab shift etc but none of them work.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    There is no post button on a comment in the desktop view on my phone either. If you use the mobile view then there is.

Is there a reason that you use the desktop version rather than the mobile website?
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family