We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Gmail problem

ccluedo
ccluedo Posts: 741
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 4 February 2016 at 10:14PM in Techie Stuff
Hi, I cant sign in to my Gmail acct on my(android) phone app but I can on laptop or on phone using web. Any ideas anyone pls?
Thanks

(it says acct action req'd and that I need to sign in again...but when I do nothing happens and it just shows emails up until 18.40 this evening. No error message or anything else that gives me a clue what the problem might be. I don't use two step authentication)

Comments

  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sync? , in account settings
    Save a Rachael

    buy a share in crapita
  • Google Play and see if there is an update - mine updated 2 days ago and it had been buggy and slow, now all is cool.

    Sounds silly but try logging into a different account or use the wrong password - turn the phone off afterwards and restart and try again - I don't know if there is a memory/cache dump which seems to reset things.

    Lastly...are you using the right password :)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Make sure the date is correct in phone, at least the year.
  • ccluedo
    ccluedo Posts: 741
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank u one and all - tried those suggestions above which I hadn't already tried myself - still no joy :(

    I could sign into another acct no problem.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Try deleting/removing the gmail account from your settings. Reinstall the the gmail account.
  • ccluedo
    ccluedo Posts: 741
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Try deleting/removing the gmail account from your settings. Reinstall the the gmail account.

    That fixed it :T
    Thanks Taz, I couldn't see how to delete the account when I looked before - was looking for gmail but found it under google ofc.

    Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.