We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help! Scottish Power. Sanity in danger.

Options
2»

Comments

• Casey_Ryback
    Options
    I have left SP in August 2014 for their incorrect invoicing!
    SP carried on billing me while I had confirmation that new provider Ecotricity has informed them that I am no longer SP customer..
    I have phoned SP several times they did nothing the bills kept coming.
    The bills are silly amount SP keep changing the amount I owe them.
    I have asked in writing several times that they explain in details why do I owe them so much and why the amount changes when there is a closed account no more consumption.
    I have also requested a statement with my payments which they sent to me however their statement is missing more than one payments from me of which I have their confirmation of receipt! They are stealing my money!
    It is impossible to get from them what I have officially requested several times regarding a full accounting in details from day one to the date I left them. SP customer service wants to talk I want all in writing. Their accounting is a severe mess!
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Errors in which meter serves which flat, are common in flat blocks where the meters are all located together in a service room - The fact that SP say they are being paid for your meters consumption despite them not sending you bills, does point up a meter mix-up problem

Turn off everything in your flat, then whilst you stand by your meter which should be showing no activity, have a friend with a mobile phone switch your kettle On for 15 seconds and then Off for 15 seconds several times.
    You should see the meter record this use in synch. with the ON/OFF switching, if doesn't you are looking at the wrong meter

If there aren't too many meters in the room, look for the one that is recording the kettle switching activity - If you find it, then this is the one supplying your flat and report your finding to SP
  • Scotlands_Lite
    Options
    persister wrote: »
    ... Would you be willing to say more about that?...

No probs :)

Background is that I noticed problems with my SP account when I contacted them (May 2014) to have a faulty meter replaced (that eventually took them 14 months to fix), for a sizeable credit refund (that took them 17 months to fix) and to restore my account (that took 17 + 3 months to fix??? - 17 from the original problem to the first fix, which they then broke again within the month, and a further 3 months to the second fix).

My problem with the Ombudsman wasn't so much that that SP ignored them but that the Ombudsman didn't even take my case on (more on that later) when I contacted them in July 2014 re my problems with SP. They told me that as my issues were rooted in the system migration problems that SP were having that all they could practically do was log the issues on their system and give me a live (but not active) enquiry reference number. Over the months, as I pursued the problems myself with SP I would update the Ombudsman on my progress and they would log those details against my case.

When I finally started to make some headway with SP (around May-June 2015) I again passed this info on to the Ombudsman only to be told by the Enquiry Officer I spoke to that having reviewed the case details they now felt they should actually have actively pursued my case with SP and apologised profusely for not doing so whilst offering to open a new case for me (which given their failure the first time, I declined and asked them just to close my original case reference whilst taking the opportunity to tell them what I thought of the quality of their service!!!)
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Following.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income