Reclaim PPI with Welcome Finance?

Options
I originally took out a loan with Welcome in 2001 and paid it back in 2005 (early). I had PPI on the loan as was advised they wouldn't provide the loan without me taking it.

I have written to Welcome Finance to get all the account details they have on file as it was so long ago I no longer held paperwork. So I now have all that, what do I do now? I don't want to go through any companies and would prefer to do it alone, if I managed to get money back it would go a long way to help me out of debt!

Thanks

Comments

• kittycashcake
    Options
    Hi Jessica!

I had 2 Welcome Loans, one in 2002-2005 for 1.5k and the other in 2005 for 13k

I contacted them on 9th January and was told the first one would be managed by Aviva and the second one by FCSC. I called them both the same day. Aviva said they didn't need me to fill anything which was surprising, promised to call me in a month with an update. I got a call today with a final decision in my favour and have been told I will get £411 via bacs in 5 working days.

The second bigger one is still going through. I posted my documents to FCSC on the 25th which they acknowledged and returned. When I spoke to them they said it takes 3-6 months, however based on here and a few other websites people seem to be getting cases concluded in about 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome! Keep us informed of your progress!
    :staradmin :staradmin Emergency Fund @ £300 Non CCJ Debts x 7 @ £2782/ £4055 PAID! CCJs x4 Unpaid Total @£5103 Christmas 2016 Fund @£116 Holiday Fund £300/ £550 Wedding Fund Goal: £2500 /// Total Remaining: £9409 / £12,900 (£3498- 27.11%Paid) :staradmin:staradmin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure