Help to buy ISA -can I claim the bonus already ?

Options
Hi there !
I wonder whether anyone could help me please?

We opened 2 HTB Isas on the 16th of Dec paying £1200 on each as suggested (1st month)
Then £200 each on the 15th of January -2nd
Then £200 each on the 1st of Feb-3r

We were not planning to start looking for a place for a few months but on the 12th of January we came across a property that fitted our budget so we put an offer ,got accepted and are now waiting for the final mortgage offer.
However we did not include the bonus as our savings at all as I didn't know whether we qualify to be paid already ....The solicitor that we instructed doesn't know much about it as it is so new

So my question is :
Do we qualify to claim the bonus since the completion is predicted to the 10th of March and by then we will have paid another £200 each ? Provided that we receive an offer off course

Any advice will be appreciated

Comments

• Strummer22
    Options
    WorriedFTB wrote: »
    The solicitor that we instructed doesn't know much about it as it is so new

So my question is :
    Do we qualify to claim the bonus since the completion is predicted to the 10th of March and by then we will have paid another £200 each ? Provided that we receive an offer off course

Any advice will be appreciated

Is there a solicitor in the world who isn't useless? :rotfl:

The minimum bonus is £400, i.e. on a £1600 balance. Your qualifying payment went in on Feb 1st, so yes you could claim it now.

Doing so on an assumed mortgage offer in March will give you £450 each so an extra £900 on your deposit - not to be sneezed at, eh? And if the whole thing falls through, you will be able to reopen an HTB ISA each with the balance that you took out.
  • WorriedFTB_2
    Options
    Thanks for the reply !

Yes!!!! We had our eyes on theses Isas since they were first mentioned .I meant to open on the 1st of Dec but went to my bank and they didn't have the application forms which took a week to arrive otherwise we would have started on the 1st and wasted no bonus

Great to know this in case it falls through !

Much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport