Midland Bank now HSBC

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 791 views
mjswainmjswain Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi I had a loan approx 26 years ago with Midland Bank - who were taken over by HSBC. I'm pretty sure I pad PPI back then for 3/4 yrs. I've not got any paperwork from the loan and I have contacted HSBC via customer services/internet banking, who have no record. Am I too late and/or wasting my time as they changed name etc.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

:rotfl:

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The name change is irrelevant. It is the same business. Time is the issue. Data protection requires that banks destroy records over time. The FCA recommend 6 years after the end of the contract. Current customers will find their records are often retained longer but if you break the relationship, more records will be removed.

If you have nothing and they have nothing then its game over.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    mjswain wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I pad PPI back then for 3/4 yrs. I've not got any paperwork
    This is key on finance so old. If you had documentary proof then you at least have a chance to put your case for mis-selling, without this you fall at the first hurdle.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals