Basic insurance for a temporary resident

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 313 views
eloy7eloy7 Forumite
107 Posts
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I am in the UK for a temporary project (for a year) with no UK salary. I want to get a basic medical issuance to cover basic medical services (checkups, visiting a doctor for a cold, basic dental care, etc) rather than unexpected medical services such as surgery or so.

What is the best (and cheapest) option for me to get a medical insurance for the period I am in the UK?

Replies

• HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eloy7 wrote: »
    I am in the UK for a temporary project (for a year) with no UK salary. I want to get a basic medical issuance to cover basic medical services (checkups, visiting a doctor for a cold, basic dental care, etc) rather than unexpected medical services such as surgery or so.

What is the best (and cheapest) option for me to get a medical insurance for the period I am in the UK?

The NHS will cover most of that for free. You do not need to be a UK citizen to access the NHS.

Don't visit the doctor for a cold. There's little they can do. Just go to the pharmacy and ask for advice. Any treatment will be cheap.

Dental health plans can be purchased from your local dentist.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals