please can anyone help???

i am trying to claim back just over £6200 which includes interest from ltsb, i was going to wait till after the oft case but reading all whats going on through the forum have decided to continue, i did write to ltsb and said that i would be happy to settle for £5000, £3000, if my loan which i have with them was paid off also, that was two weeks ago and have heard diddly squat back, no surprise there then!!!!!!
what i really need help with is where do i go from here, do i stick to the £5000 through small claims court or i have read something about fast track if you want more that £5000, which is what it would be if i go for the interest also, i'm now totally confused as to what i should do as i don't know what fast track is and what this entales:confused: , please please please can someone help me :o
thanks in advance to anyone who can shine a light on things for me x x x

Comments

• i would have thought pressing for a response on their stance on the matter would be more helpful to you so that you can decide on which course of action - I'd press for a response first.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!DFW Nerd No. 634 LBM: 3rd time - Dec2008 I NEED TO BEAT IT THIS TIME!
    Total Loan Debt = £[strike]13,737.80[/strike] 13,042.44, Total Non-loan Debt = £[strike]5,289.33[/strike] 4,704.45 - Total= [strike]19,027.13[/strike] 17,746.89 FEB 09
    Freelance earnings - Feb 09 = £260 so far Make £30 a day in Feb - £260.40 of £840 5 NSD in Feb 09 - 1 of 5
  • lesley65
    lesley65 Posts: 51 Forumite
    thanks for your reply iwanttobreakfree, i will try that first then and post what happens, if they're not interested would you be willing to help me with the fast track/couty court route please? x x x;)
  • lindilou39
    lindilou39 Posts: 927 Forumite
    lesley..it depends how far back your charges go..for e.g say on sept 01 2001 you received your first charge..you now wont be able to claim this...you must launch a claim with the court in order not to be time barred under the Limitation Act 1980...if most of your charges are for a later date then you need not worry till then..
  • Re your question about what is the fast track?
    It's the court procedure for dealing with claims with a value of over £5k. The procedure is slightly different to the small claims track but not hugely.
    However the main difference is that if you lose your claim and its in the fast track you will almost certainly have to pay the banks costs (whereas in the small claims track, you almost certainly won't). Therefore it may tactically be wiser to limit your claim to £5k, knowing that if you lost for any reason its highly unlikely the bank would get its costs off you.
    Suppose it depends how confident you are that the OFT will win the test case - I am very confident by the way!!

Good luck:beer:
  • thanks for the advice guys, think i will settle for the £5000 and go through the small claims court, think that ltsb have already had enough of my money, will keep you posted, thanks again x x x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure