IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Less than 5 minutes a valid reason to refuse to pay a PCN?

Options
Skewiff
Skewiff Posts: 31 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 22 November 2016 at 7:51AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Ive read the newbie thread, and take on board it's many comments about asking repeat questions! (Im almost scared to post now!).

Ive just received a FCN (Fixed Charge Notice) from Capital2Coast for not displaying a ticket in a pay and display in Worthing on the 15th. It mentions that a notice was attached to the car. There was no notice on my car. The photo also shows no notice on the car.

the driver was apparently not displaying a ticket in a pay and display in Worthing on the 15th January 2016. It mentions that a notice was attached to the car. There was no notice on the car. The photo also shows no notice on the car which was there for around 5 minutes.

So my question - should I refuse to pay on the grounds that I was on the offending parking spot for 5 minutes roughly only? Apologies if this offends by being something that has been asked before!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 November 2016 at 10:58PM
    Options
    Worthing, LOL, near me then! Capital2Coast: ''One Parking Ltd (Trading As Capital 2 Coast Parking Management)'' - even more LOLs. What a bunch!

But no, C2C are an IPC member so of course you just send the 'IPC version' of the first appeal from the NEWBIES thread, without changing it. Then IGNORE the offer of IAS and ignore ALL debt collector letters and rubbish and come back if they try a small claim (they are useless and it's highly unlikely and very defendable).

BTW you don't need to have a reason to 'refuse to pay' a fake PCN. You are not obliged to do anything, it's just we recommend one response then ignore the idiots because they do not offer POPLA for further appeal. Knuckle-dragging ex-clampers I believe.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Skewiff
    Options
    So your 8 item list there is a form of making them have to work at getting money from my mistake , so they will walk away ... :-)

Out of interest, playing the What If game - should they answer all the questions 1 through 8 , what would you do next?
  • Skewiff
    Options
    Silly me, your response would be - ignore everything up to but not including the Small claim :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes you got it. The long lost of Qs in a template robust response appeal, shows them you are getting forum advice. They might stop bothering you sooner. Do not use the IAS, is my advice. And C2C haven't the brain cells to know how to win a small claim.

Keep ALL letters for six years just in case then ceremoniously burn them!!
  • Skewiff
    Options
    You are a gent and a scholar :-) my next Americano is yours :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Nope I am a lady and a scholar!
  • Skewiff
    Options
    Apologies, and thanks for taking so much time out for people like me :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No problem.

A tip - avoid the 'Napier' car park round the back of Broadwater and elsewhere where that lot (Napier) infest. Nasty bunch.
  • Skewiff
    Options
    yeah , i take your point. The problem is that the area is hard to get free parking for, its almost a town out of the town.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You can park around Broadwater in some residential roads at the south of the green. But all I meant was if in Worthing watch out for this bunch at these sites, just boycott them:

http://www.napierparking.co.uk/napier-car-parks/terms/

And if you can, also avoid any IPC member like Capital2Coast, purely because there is no POPLA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure