🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PIP Reconsideration HELP

Options
I've just been turned down for PIP. In the letter everything that I said I struggle with they have said that they have decided I do not!!!
It says that at the medical assessment that there was no evidence of physical impairment which I don't really get because I was sat in a chair all the way through and the condition I have only shows itself with any sort of physical activity of which I was asked to do none.
Has anybody had any luck with asking them to look at the decision again.

Comments

• Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I had success at mandatory reconsideration for PIP but it was a couple of years ago.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • fluke13
    fluke13 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So there might be hope. I just don't see how they can say that they have decided I can do things when I was just sat in a chair all the way through the medical.
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    Make an appointment with your nearest CAB as soon as you can. There may be a wait so ring today. Staff there will be able to help you with an appeal plus it's reassuring to have someone fighting your corner.

Best of British!
  • missmontana
    missmontana Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take a look at a group called "Fightback" on Facebook, they can help with this.
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
  • fluke13
    Options
    thank you for the advice. Is it best to ring or write to them for reconsideration.
  • Diary
    Options
    Write, always write to the DWP.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • fluke13
    Options
    Sorry to be a pain. Do I ring up and they send a form out? or do I just write why I want it reconsidering to the address on the letter?
  • FlyerZoe
    FlyerZoe Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Write a letter making points as to why you want your claim looked at again. In the meantime also ask them for a copy of the medical assessment report.
  • Diary
    Options
    fluke13 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain. Do I ring up and they send a form out? or do I just write why I want it reconsidering to the address on the letter?

There is no form simply write out what you think they got wrong.

Although very likely too late to get to refer to in your MR letter it can help if you know what the assessor actually said about you for future reference. If you ask for the assessors report before you send your MR in it's VITAL you do not miss the deadline which will be on your (un) award letter. Don't wait for anything and miss the deadline.
  • fluke13
    Options
    Do I just ring up and ask for the assessors report?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport