PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bundt Pan

Options
13»

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would call this a kugelhopf tin. I tend to make quite heavy cakes in it - something more like pound cake or madeira cake, and yes, cherry ones too!

I find that sponges fall to pieces when trying to get them out of my kugelhopf tin because they are too light.

I call it a reindling tin. Probably a similar germany cake.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • little_owl
    Options
    I have loved reading all the posts here. I bought a bundt tin from TKMaxx about 12 months ago and have been very successful with it just using any normal sponge mix. Make sure it is properly greased as per instructions above. I decorate with drizzled icing and it looks great. For little effort you can make a showstopping cake.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lleucu wrote: »
    But walnut bread in the Fleur de Lys tin was fantastic. I watched the Victorian baking programme and decided to give it a try. Made a 2 loaf mixture with yeast, treacle, walnuts and sultanas, wanted to post a photo but my husband ate most of it!! It came out beautifully marked and literally fell out of the tin. Lovely with butter and camenbert for lunch.
    OMG sounds delicious, would do me fine without any gilding.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lleucu
    Lleucu Posts: 334 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another loaf and a photograph great with Snowdonia cheddar http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/product/black-bomber/ not very MSE but iawn iawn.

Here is a photo of the loaf. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1540300266267231&set=pcb.1540301116267146&type=3&theater
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    At the last count, I had 15 Bundt pans in the cupboard under the stairs. You could say I'm addicted :eek:

The cakes come with many different names... The generic name is a 'kugelhopf' but it can only be called a Bundt when baked in a NordicWare tin, since Bundt is a trademark belonging to them.

Anyway, I love them because you can get a really stunning cake for just a little extra effort which is always good in my book.

Any sponge recipe will work; just make sure you grease and flour well (I like to use Dr Oetker Cake Release but that's now discontinued! *sobs*) and leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out. Perfect every time.

I have some of my bundt cakes over on my blog actually: here.

Kevin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport