Digital promotions while stocks last

Options
I bought a laptop that contained an NVIDIA gfx 970m graphics card. When I made the purchase there was a promotion on the website of the computer builders that purchase of the card would include a free game (digital download) which was being run by the card makers, Nvidia.

The Nvidia promotion ended on 31st Dec 15, I bought the laptop on 27th Dec. When I enquired as to where my code was they advised me they had run out of codes and removed the offer on the 30th stating their website says 'While stocks last' and Nvidi didn't send them any more codes. Had I purchased the card direct from Nvidia I would have gotten the promotional game, but instead I went via third party as I wanted the rest of the laptop as well.

Strikes me as a bit odd really. Is it worth chasing up with Nvidia or the computer makers or is it a case of just 'let it be'?

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Although there is nothing you can do to make them give you a code, if you bought the card because of the free offer then it forms part of the contract regardless of what they say.

The retailer is responsible, technically you should be entitled to a refund, making them see that is a totally different matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure