Damaged item during warranty repair process

Options
Hi, I've recently had an expensive exercise bike (600 pounds worth) repaired from the same company which I had originally bought the bike from. The warranty covered the repair process and the fault was fixed, however upon return of the exercise bike (which had to be sent away for repair) was damaged in multiple places.

There is a large scratch on the centre console as well as a gash in the metal on the front of the bike and the foam grips on the handle bars have been damaged. The bike has gone from being in pristine condition to looking rather shabby...

I've had the bike for 10 months now and would just like to know where I stand in regards to my rights? I'm guessing compensation should be offered? I've completely lost faith in the company and the 3 year warranty is pretty much pointless to me now as they can't be trusted to repair the bike without further damaging it...

Thanks!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Write to the company listing the damage and ask for reasonable costs .But my guess is that they will deny any responsibility and say that's how it arrived .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure