Domant Company - Need help with filing company Accounts (AA02)

Hi,

Really appreciate any help with the following...

I set up a limited company which has not started trading yet.

I now need to file the company accounts, which I would like to do via Company House webfiling. I believe it is the AA02 for myself - a dormant company form as I have not started trading yet.

I am unsure how to answer the following question:
* ' Current Period ' (in Issued Share Capital Section)

Rather than paying someone to fill out what should be a simple form, any help appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Hi,

Really appreciate any help with the following...

I set up a limited company which has not started trading yet.

I now need to file the company accounts, which I would like to do via Company House webfiling. I believe it is the AA02 for myself - a dormant company form as I have not started trading yet.

I am unsure how to answer the following question:

Rather than paying someone to fill out what should be a simple form, any help appreciated. Thank you

What is the exact question?

If it is the number of issued shares? Then that is what you put
    (typically 1, 2 or 100 depending on how many have been issued)

Current period relates to current accounting period (for which the accounts are being prepared)
    This might be a bit confusing if this is the first annual accounts ever for this company, but all future accounts will also ask for the previous accounting period too. If this is the first ever accounts then of course there is no previous period.
  • Many thanks for your reply.

The question is how to answer the following question:

This is first ever accounts - as there is a red star it is a mandatory field to fill out

Thanks again
  • fergual2
    fergual2 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Issued share capital in current period

This means any share capital you have raised during your first year.

Say if you issued 1 share, class ordinary, value of each share of £1 then your "share capital in current year" will be 1 share of £1 which is total value £1 and this goes into the "current period" box you mention.
  • Thats makes sense now! Thank you fergual2! Much appreciated :)
  • ...another question! What number do I add in ''net assets'' and ''shareholders fund'' thanks
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2016 at 9:00PM
    ...another question! What number do I add in ''net assets'' and ''shareholders fund'' thanks

If I recall correctly, both of these fields are automatically generated so you don't put anything in those specific fields.

Shareholders funds are generated as above i.e product of number of fully paid up shares and amount each share was originally priced at.
    (as a dormant company there is no profit/loss to include)

Net assets at it's simplest form (assuming no assets were ever purchased) would simply be the cash at bank and in hand - this should be the same as the shareholders funds to balance the balance sheet.
    See this recent thread on this point also for more details
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5394166
  • Thanks again for your reply.

As the first company accounts for a dormant company that has never traded with 1 ordinary share issued at £1, do the following values look correct?

Current assets:
    Cash at bank and in hand 1
    Net assets 1
    Issued share capital 1
    Ordinary Share of £1 each 1
    Total Shareholder funds 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income