Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aw no it's not fresh stuff I have that if I don't use will be waste....it is my freezer and cupboards that are jam packed! I hate wasting food, but I do waste a lot of fruit...I now only really buy bananas and pineapple as that will get eaten...strawberries, raspeberries would also get eaten but they are not budget friendly so I don't buy them anymore! Have some frozen ones to chuck in smoothies.

I just need to use what I have rather than fancying something else and buying more food! It sounds simple....just can't seem to do it!

The £10 in my purse has now gone! DS was complaining there is nothing to eat....you will be wondering what I am on about after the above comments.....when I say there is nothing to eat I mean nothing that a 5 year old would enjoy. My freezer is full of ingrediants to make food, this doesn't appeal to him! I spent £11.20 I think it was in Farmfoods...got chips, wedges, garlic bread, pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, frozen baguettes, cheap soup, tins of beans and spaghetti hoops....nothing I will eat but he will and that will keep him going!

Good news is he is starting a job at the end of the month!!! He completed his apprentiship to be an electrician then went to Australia, so now he is somehow back with the company he left without notice....I don't care why, just glad he has a job!! Now just need to keep him occupied until then as he is driving me up the wall with leaving a mess and eating me out of house and home!

Today he has been tasked with giving all my doors a touch up. Had the eggshell gloss so didn't cost me anything and he said will do them over today and tomorrow. He is very good at decorating my ex husband taught him so if anyone is near to Liverpool and wants to keep him busy I will send him round!! I am sure he would be delighted.....

Mila your day sounded wonderful!! Hope you all had a fab time! xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OK, I realise my marbles are getting looser by the minute (plus I just made a (for me) really deep post and am overdue for some idiocy) but, gotta say it, Reality, reeeeeeeespect! You have a five year old who's an electrician? And he went to Australia on his own? I know they breed them tough in Liverpool (that'll be the crime, then) but seriously!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I was near to liverpool, I would have him round to sort out my flat definitely. Hope he gets lots of work to keep him busy. Xxxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My youngest son took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to grow up. I just kept loving him and kicked him in the butt ever so often...but very lovingly.:D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • reality_check
    Options
    :rotfl: He does have the taste pallet and maturity levels of a 5 year old :rotfl:

I take my offer back....nobody can have him since he hasn't done what I asked him to do!! :mad: I got in from work and he was just out a shower and making LUNCH...it was after 5pm! :mad:

Then he was out last night and I heard him come in about 3am, so I will be coming in to the same today I suspect....oh well, roll on 25th July when he starts his new job.

Been to the gym this morning, was a struggle getting up! Stayed up too late watching my new addiction - Homeland. I watched the first 2 seasons when they came out and don't know why I stopped...but back watching season 3 and loving it again!!

Hoping today will be a NSD as brought lunch with me and have some mince defrosting to make chilli - this is one of the few meals we can actually all eat! Going to bulk it out with extra peppers, kidney beans and some lentils to hopefully make a few extra portions for the freezer for lunches :T

Decided not to go to the gin tasting, haven't paid for my ticket and it is £20 I don't have and it would most likely end up costing more money when I am there no doubt so giving it a miss. I do enjoy a nice G&T it is probably my drink of choice after wine but I prefer the clothes I bought the other day over going so can't complain xxx
  • Smodlet
    Options
    And the clothes (we hope!) will last more than an evening and will not give you a headache. :)
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    And the clothes (we hope!) will last more than an evening and will not give you a headache. :)

Good thinking! Only from H&M but they hopefully won't give me a headache unless I continue eating as I have today and they won't fit! Working in an office is the worst - always cakes, sweets, biscuits, doughnuts etc around!!
  • Smodlet
    Options
    I do remember... Just say, "No"! Think fruit, RC, fruit, lots of lovely fresh fruit... and then flippin' well eat it instead of throwing it away! It is supposed to keep you alive longer, be good for your skin, all kinds of things... do as I say, not as I do. Cheers! :beer:
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wonder, do you think your DS is too old to be put up for adoption? :D

Clothes always outrank booze!

All company has left and I'm in a puddle on the couch with tea and TV. Love to see them come, love to see them go.

Bad news on the plumbing saga. The washing machine drain backed up last night. More floor is to be destroyed in the bedroom and now the laundry room in order to replace the old cracked pipe. Thank heaven for insurance!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Well, he comes with his own paintbrush, not to mention eggshell emulsion... :rotfl:

I am so sorry to hear about your ongoing domestic disasters, Mila, it must be awful. I was wondering about the water supply in New Mexico, what with y'all having only 14 inches of rain a year. I was wondering how you manage. Do they make you ration it? I swear, Ireland and Wales, the SW, NW and SE of England can get that in a month, sometimes... then the railway line (Am: railroad) to Cornwall gets to hang in space because the land it was on has been washed into the sea at Dawlish.

We get two decent summers in a row and there's a drought! People have to use standpipes because their water has been cut off. Some of us are old enough to remember the 70's.

Wish you could send us a few of your 102 degrees; even half-a-dozen would help.

I am so glad you had a great week end. You know what? I am totally down with Sequoia regarding the bloody fireworks; I hate them. I loathe them with a passion. I feel exactly the same way about them as I imagine dogs and cats, other animals do. It's just a pity I can't fit behind the settee, like the tigger. I would outlaw them if I could. They make me think of what it must be like in a war zone. Bangs, crashes, explosions, burning things flying through the air. Only time I ever watch them is on TV with the sound off, while waiting for the good programme to start. OK, I'm done.

I'm nearly ready with my PM for you but OH says it is out of context; I was trying not to waffle. I might tweak it a bit more.

Laters!

S x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family