EGG SBT (Warning)

Just a warning about Egg.

I did a SBT and the interest free period stops on 1st October.

I phoned up a couple of weeks ago to change the payment to the full amount (by direct debit) to clear it on time (so I will pay no interest). The guy on the phone told me it was done. I have since also changed it on the web site.

Checked today and it still has me paying the minimum amount!!!

I now have to sort out getting the limit lifted for 1/2 an hour on my switch card to get the money paid into Egg.

Maybe its just me being cynical but I am very suspicious of the reasons why they 'cant/wont' change the payment when the interest free period ends.

Comments

• johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    I now have to sort out getting the limit lifted for 1/2 an hour on my switch card to get the money paid into Egg.

Maybe its just me being cynical but I am very suspicious of the reasons why they 'cant/wont' change the payment when the interest free period ends.
    Simple - just pay the difference by debit card. Once logged on, go to "Egg Card":"Maintenance", click on "Make an additional payment" then give your DC details and the amount - takes 2 minutes.

Too many conspiracy theories around here.
  • dog_2
    dog_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Without being flippant, have you ever tried a £15000 switch transaction without phoning switch first.

As in my previous post Egg assured me they would take the full amount and have not ;)
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Without being flippant, have you ever tried a £15000 switch transaction without phoning switch first.

As in my previous post Egg assured me they would take the full amount and have not ;)

No. But £11500 went through no problem before.
  • johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Neither have I but I have had two identical debits of £8000 each authorised at the same time. If there is a problem with such a large amount, just break it down into smaller payments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure