What are differences in tracking between Royal Mail Special Delivery and Signed For?

Options
Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
Hi,

I am looking to send an item with Royal Mail and I want to know the differences between Special Delivery and Signed For.

When I send the item, I will want to know

1) if the item was accepted at the address
2) what was the signature used
3) was the item refused or was the item unable to be delivered e.g. no-one was in?
4) is the cost of postage visible to the recipient e.g. is there a sticker with the postage cost attached to the item.

I have sent items as 'Signed For' previously and looked at the tracking. Once, an item was delivered without a signature :angry:. On 2 occasions, the tracking showed the items to be still at the post office where I dropped them off (this was several days after I dropped them off), but they were definitely not there - and I was told by the Royal Mail to consider it as lost :sad:.

Would a Special Delivery guarantee a signature if the item is accepted and would it have better tracking over where the item is?

Can someone please explain the differences in available tracking information between Special Delivery and Signed For?

The differences in compensation level are not important with my items.

Thanks for your help

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family