Options
2»

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dird wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. Was 2014 the year YorkshireBoy etc got busy? If so I blame him for last year's drop in stats :P
    Whilst I initiated some in late 2014, most were done in early 2015 (and all were paid in 2015), so in my defence I was doing my bit to bolster 2015's figures...but was let down by the rest of the adult population! ;)
  • davidgmmafan
    Options
    I don't think it was ever a chorse to switch and I actually dislike this new all 'easy' approach. Frankly I don't mint swapping everything over myself and leaving my old account open in case all doesn't go according to plan. Now they have to do it all for me and close my old account to get the incentive.

Not seeing the progress really.

In coverage of this story elsewhere I did have a little chuckle when some industry represntative suggested that perhaps the drop in numbers was to do with banks doing more to retain customers...
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fear of damaging my credit rating stops me...
  • fromtheshires
    Options
    Fear of damaging my credit rating stops me...

You don't have to switch as often as most of us do, but if you have a normal account with x bank, switching it to y bank won't do any damage really. If you were making lots of credit applications (c/cards o/draft requests and loan requests etc) in a short space of time, that will potentially damage you credit file as it will have lots of searches on it but every now and then won't do you want harm assuming you can get mainstream bank accounts.
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    I haven't used the switching service because each of my 4 main current accounts serves its own purpose. I've got a 5th dormant one but it doesn't have any Direct Debits set up to claim any switching bonus.

Besides, I'm not a fan of the old account being closed.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've done fewer switches since Yorkshire Bank stopped paying out £150 on multiple account switches ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure