Siblings waiting for parents to die?

siblings haven't left home and staying putt, how does one make them leave? seems they have no intention to leave .
:mad::

sob
«1

Comments

  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why are you so concerned about where they live?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Surely it's up to your parents to 'make them leave'?

    Do they even want them to leave?
  • My brother in law is still with his parents. He helps them a lot and I really do not think they would be able to live at home without his help.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I'm not sure if the OP is just having a rant (if so, wrong board) or really wants advice to help his parents evict his siblings.

    If it's the latter, he needs to provide much more information before anybody can provide any help at all.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Or the OP could be one of the parents? I realise siblings normally refers to one's sister or brother, but if a step-parent one might refer to them as the siblings...just a thought.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    lisa110rry wrote: »
    Or the OP could be one of the parents? I realise siblings normally refers to one's sister or brother, but if a step-parent one might refer to them as the siblings...just a thought.

    Well if the OP doesn't come back with more information, we'll never know, will we. :cool:
    I think this thread is a dead duck.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    sebastianj wrote: »
    siblings haven't left home and staying putt, how does one make them leave?


    Keep the heating turned down, put the TV in storage, buy a mobile phone and wifi blocker, play classical music at high volume, invite born again Christians round to explain salvation to them, put a lock on the fridge, refuse to do their washing.


    I'd give it a month at the outside.




    .
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have your parents been complaining or is it just you?
  • scotsbob wrote: »
    Keep the heating turned down, put the TV in storage, buy a mobile phone and wifi blocker, play classical music at high volume, invite born again Christians round to explain salvation to them, put a lock on the fridge, refuse to do their washing.


    I'd give it a month at the outside.




    .
    Hysterical :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • I had the opposite. My parents moved in with me and my wife!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards