Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* - Page 128

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
2.6K replies 801.2K views

Replies

• Fresh (whole?) leg of lamb joints at Aldi were £3-79/kg in our local Aldi, 20p/kg than they were in Lidl.
    ;)
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    tracey3596 wrote: »
    Fresh (whole?) leg of lamb joints at Aldi were £3-79/kg in our local Aldi, 20p/kg than they were in Lidl.
    ;)

More or less?
  • andygbandygb Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    More or less?

Lidl were selling them at £3.99 per kilo.
  • buglawtonbuglawton Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge organic lemons in Lidl at 50p each. Excellent for squeezing / cooking / drinks where fresh lemons slices are needed. Hope they stay on the stock list at Lidl.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    24.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I popped into a different branch of Lidl this lunchtime. Only 2 of the eight tills were open, and the queues were ridiculous. It made me realise I often see queues at Lidl, or perhaps the stores are just more cramped?

The queue management at Aldi is much better - this goes for all the branches I have visited. Somehow the staff seem quicker to hop on and off.

At my Aldi they announce that they are 'opening Till Number X for you' and then they call for a staff member to come to the till. It's a very efficient system.
  • mcculloch29mcculloch29 Forumite
    5K posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's that time of year when Aldi bring back some of their seasonal buys. Their own brand set honey in large jars has reappeared. I tried it this week and it really is lovely. Much, much nicer than Gales'. £1.25 I think.

The Aldi decaff teabags are back in my store, they were replaced by Tetley for a while.
    No decaff instant coffee though there was plenty of decaff ground coffee.
    It's a very mild coffee, ideal for those who don't like a strong, bitter drink.
    Quark has been on and off for a while in Aldi but they are now stocking two types, vanilla and standard. The vanilla flavour was very, very mild, at least in the pot I tried. Both 75p.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    At my Aldi they announce that they are 'opening Till Number X for you' and then they call for a staff member to come to the till. It's a very efficient system.

Same at the revamped Lidl that opened a few months ago. Staff in Aldi have headsets too.
  • BugginsBuggins Forumite
    344 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Are Aldi still stocking 'manuka' type honey?
  • StompaStompa Forumite
    8.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »

I cant help thinking that those endless announcements must drive the staff mad though!
    Stompa
  • BugginsBuggins Forumite
    344 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know about the honey? Making a20 mile round trip at lunchtime so really want to know!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support