pensioner power

As I get older I can see that the older generations have a lot of living to do and will have a bigger and bigger say in society. And they should do - they have the most life experience and they have the time and skills to use the Internet to lobby for change - just look at WASPI which is really getting heard and have managed to get 100,000 signatures for their campaign.

really looking forward to the next few years !

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    chiefie wrote: »
    As I get older I can see that the older generations have a lot of living to do and will have a bigger and bigger say in society. And they should do - they have the most life experience and they have the time and skills to use the Internet to lobby for change - just look at WASPI which is really getting heard and have managed to get 100,000 signatures for their campaign.

really looking forward to the next few years !
    There's half-a-dozen threads on the WASPI campaign on the Pensions board.
  • chiefie
    chiefie Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just using WASPI as an example, not saying I agree on any particular issue, just that the older generations are becoming more and more Internet savvy and once that door is unlocked they will potentially have the time, intelligence and skills to use technology for getting their voice heard more and more.

Hence "pensioner power"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport