Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    My dyson animal corded upright gets clogged with dog hair. And has a tiny tank. Just thinking in terms of future planning. I bought a DC40 instead, bigger tank but still clogged. Spend more time dismantling than hoovering. I blame the dogs. They roll on the carpets and leave hair everywhere. Not the cats, obviously. They eat their own hair and vomit it up in neat piles on clean washing instead.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    No, but also wondering about a new one so will be interested to hear about it if you get one.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a Dyson something or another cordless & it is ok.
    I personally would not have paid the price for it but thats just me.
    It was a gift.
    The running time is about 12 minutes on a charge but the newer models run for longer.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    I have a 7 year old Dyson which is good but it gets clogged an awful lot and I'm forever pulling it apart to unclog it!

I've heard great things about the Shark - my MIL has one and loves it much better than her old Dyson. I've seen lots of people online talking about it :)

Glad you're burning the oils DIA!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We have a Dyson big ball or whatever the name of it is, its really good. The last Dyson we had lasted us 10+ years.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I dont think the shark is a Dyson?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Are you starting SW?
    There is a fantastic SW thread.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766275&page=103
    Pop over if you want/need any support :)

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That makes sense to me. Enjoy the cinema and coffee.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes a lot of sense to me too. And you may find ways of reducing the costs as you go along anyway.

I thought of you this morning DIA - I have just had two tradies come this morning, both just picked as the nearest ones on CheckATrade (since they all had scores of over 9.5/10 anyway), and they've both been fab. May not be the cheapest way of doing things, but so far has worked well for me.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy the pictures and the coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure