Lidl 21st -> 27th January 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Half price weekend was always a scrum for the few items they put on the shelves. One delivery, get there when the doors open or miss it.

Stuff won't be as cheap, but you're more assured of getting it. Maybe they worked out that the same motley crew were going in and clearing the shelves in the first hour of opening, leaving a lot of disappointed customers.... and those disappointed customers stopped bothering to pop in for the offers. I know I did.

Totally different to my experience - Nearly always more than enough of the offers to go round
  • LadyCoupon
    Options
    Not for me, they would queue outside the shop from well before 8, then as soon as the doors opened, run through the shop to the fridges, by the time I had walked there, everything was gone, so gave up trying.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I asked in the shop today if the half-price weekend was coming back but the staff either knew nothing as they claimed or were saying nothing.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think they are going to lose some of their customers by not having half price weekends. It was a good attraction to shop at Lidl.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2016 at 8:15PM
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Check your calendar - then read the title of the thread :)

I struggle to find things on the Lidl website.

Just been there now to find out what my area's deals are for these dates and can't really tell. Only looks like two meats (pork and hunters chicken). And there's no indication that those aren't "right now".

It's all a bit confusing. I like to see one page that clearly indicates "these are your offers dimwit".

I think I've found it.... but it's not clear/easy to find. Nope. It says "this week's offers" but doesn't tell me when "this week" is, so I presume it's this week and not 21-27.

I give up. If they don't make it easy, they can stuff their offers. Stuff 'em I say.

Ah, hang on, there's another page I spotted.... *tries that one*. Nope, just a bunch of veg stuff (apples, shallots, pears, spinach, all at 59p).

They don't mention dates, numbnutz, all of them.

I'll see if the online leaflets load. At least one of those is labelled the right date.

Area 12:
    Ah, finally. There it is, hidden in the leaflet.

Yeah, pork, pork, salmon, mince. The same as post #1
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Goodne know how wyou manage to navigate your way through life !

there are clear buttons that say "this weeks offers - available now" , and dates in grey bars all over relevent pages
  • VIKING2015
    Options
    Has anybody else discovered that LIDL has stopped doing weekend half price offers?? They have always done this and I have often bought lots of half price products and last one was tea bags since my wife prefers them against PG Tips.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Has changed to 4+4 ...Thurs to Wednesday, hopefully Dlusman and others will continue to alert us.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5397174

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5393154
  • pakokelso93
    Options
    The salmon is superb - great price.
    PK! :money:
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 January 2016 at 7:48PM
    Options
    I've never been a weekend shopper so it won't stop me going to Lidl, it will give me a chance to get good offers when they're spread over the week instead so I'm delighted .I like their prices and most of their produce too,plus with it being smaller than the big 4 I can get round far quicker and still get what I need. In other supermarkets there are far too many brand/size/flavour/fragrance options to wade through.

Their fish is fabulous by the way,I don't microwave the salmon packs, I poach or pan fry it, it's lovely and very good value indeed as are all their lighthouse bay packs of fish. Sometimes I'm lucky & find some in their chillers well in date with 30% off which is even better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure