IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye help required!

Options
Hi newbie here.

Back on 13th November (yes a Friday!) I had to rush to a Hospital as my son had been run over (he's fine thank goodness). Anyway, I paid my parking (an hour as I'd no idea how long I was going to be there and the Mrs had already been there for 2 hours). When my time was up I went and moved the car. So far no harm done. Well, on the 25th I got an PCN from parking eye showing my vehicle being tagged in at 18:52 and out at 19:59. Basically the PCN stated that it was a private car park and that those parking without a permit or authorisation will incur a charge.
Well, my first thought was that they had somehow overlooked the fact I'd bought a ticket or because it was due to a slight overstay (this was mainly due to the fact I had to re-log an expired credit card that was already on file, plus a bit of time to actually get back in the car and leave).
I looked up some info on the MSE site (not enough, read on) and proceeded to download a template rejecting their charge on the grounds of the alleged contravention did not occur, also enclosing a copy of the credit card transaction (unfortunately I used the word "I" a number of times in the first letter basically confirming I was the driver).
A week or so ago I got an appeal rejection letter just saying I have not provided sufficient evidence I was authorised to park In the car park!
My only choice now is to go down the popla route. What I don't get is this was a hospital car park! It is well known as public parking (don't remember seeing any signs that the area I was in was restricted, but it was at night, and of course I was in a bit of a hurry; there was plenty of parking in there though so not sure I'd have deliberately parked somewhere I shouldn't). I had used the phone to call through the location code, my car was parked right next to the meter so how can it be private/ authorised only land?
I haven't already requested proof from of agreement from landowner or anything else, I thought this was just a simple error on their part.

Anyone think of what other grounds I might have to appeal this, or offer any advice.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2016 at 9:34PM
    Options
    the newbies sticky thread tells you all you need to know, including popla appeals

you should be complaining to PALS as well, demanding a cancellation

trust land is private land, owned by the trust, so PE are employed as their contractor as regards parking, nothing unusual about that

so start drafting a popla appeal based on the usual legal arguments, plus complain to PALS and try for a cancellation

dont hang about, as PE issue court claims in the small claims court, nip it in the bud whilst you still can
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please start by reading through the newbies thread ....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

it will explain where you have gone wrong and how to fight on .....

while you are doing that make sure you complain to the hospital PALS .... they will often help in such cases ....

good luck

Ralph:cool:

to slow ..... ;)
  • Scott6471
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you to those that provided assistance with my appeal. The suggestion to contact PALS as the incident was in a Hospital car park proved to be just what was required. After complaining to them I got a very quick and courteous response to say that they had contacted Parking Eye to tell them to cancel the ticket.

Kindest regards,
    Scott
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 February 2016 at 2:54PM
    Options
    Great news! Have ParkingEye confirmed cancellation, just to be sure they are called off? If not, email them to ask for confirmation:

info@parkingeye.co.uk

I will add your success here:

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

That helps others see that PALS are the first point of call re any NHS complaint including these harassing PCNs. I would guess that your VRN wasn't fully keyed in maybe, that often generates a PCN even if just one digit is wrong - and absolutely is not your fault and is the fault of PE for operating a cumbersome system aimed at flipping well 'ripping off' of patients in Hospitals! THey make their money when people go wrong or get caught out so you can see why the system is complicated.

They could set it so only correct VRNs are shown on the screen (from the ANPR record that captures images at the start) but they don't.

They could follow Government Guidelines and not 'fine' patients & service users at all...but they don't. Blame the Hospital for that.

Nicely done, hope PE do confirm is cancelled for your peace of mind.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scott6471 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you to those that provided assistance with my appeal. The suggestion to contact PALS as the incident was in a Hospital car park proved to be just what was required. After complaining to them I got a very quick and courteous response to say that they had contacted Parking Eye to tell them to cancel the ticket.

Kindest regards,
    Scott

Well done.

Now please read this and get everyone you know to sign the petition.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5365003
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts