Diet saving experts ....Treats

Options
Buying low calorie low price treats to go with a low calorie diets? I couldn't find any on here so I thought I'd start a new thread! :)

I don't think an apple or any fruits are a treat as they make up a large part of most diets....

:A:beer::A:beer::A

Morrison's Savers chocolate mousse - 87 cal per pot 27p for 6! :A

Becks Blue £8 for 15 bottles 55 cal per bottle... No alcahol but taste the same as Becks beer with alc... :A

Comments

• The_Last_Username
    The_Last_Username Posts: 3,315 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 January 2016 at 4:29PM
    Options
    I won't go into the debate of diets & calories.
    Just give a few to start this thread off.;)

Just a few ideas:
    KP Skips ( prawn cocktail-flavour crisp-type things) pk6 @pack 78 kcals
    KP Hula Hoop Pufts (2 flavours, similar to Wotsits/Cheetos) pk6 @ pack 72Kcals

Alpen Light bars; if you're after sweet rather than savoury there are LOTS of flavours to choose from. A favourite here are the Jaffa Cake flavour, pack of 5 bars, @ 70 kcal.

If you really hunt for all the above or just plain get the timing of offers right, each is available for approx. £1 - equating to 20p per serving or less.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A brisk walk is always a good idea and fresh air is free :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Sadly, due to old age or illness there are a lot of people who can no longer walk briskly, but still like to watch their weight.

Aldi Cheese Curls 65 cals 10 in a pack for 99p.

Aldi Benefit Bars (Chocolate & Toffee) 70 cals (around £1 for 6) yummy!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    not sure on the cals and need to eat a few not a whole bag but marshmellows and jelly babies are very low in fat but have to be careful when start because its hard to stop at 3

crisps like french fries and quavers are ok ish

muller light yogurts

dont forget a piece of fruit apple/pear/banana

hth
    onwards and upwards
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Popcorn is good. If you make it yourself and air-pop it, it is very healthy. If you buy ready made stuff obviously it isn't quite as good.
    Zebras rock
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My DD isn't keen on cereals or porridge in the morning, and has found the Nurtigrain bars are easier for her to have and seem to keep her from the mid-morning 'Gosh-I- must-have-a-biscuit -with -my -cup- of -tea' when she is at work:).

A friend of mine make a sort of 'fruit soup' with frozen berries from Iceland and when she fancies something in between meals she will have some of that.She keeps it in a lock'n'lock box in the fridge
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Irish Yoghurt yoghurts are very fruity, but fat free and have no added sugar.

I buy when on offer of 4-pack for £1 (Usually £1.50).

Supermarkets only seem to have 8 flavours (2 different 4-packs) but there is a wider flavour range produced.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    not sure on the cals and need to eat a few not a whole bag but marshmellows and jelly babies are very low in fat but have to be careful when start because its hard to stop at 3

And jam packed full of sugar!! Fat is NOT your enemy but SUGAR IS!!
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jelly made with Hartleys low sugar jelly crystals. 10 calories a portion or a whopping 20 if you're a pig like me!
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Popcorn is good. If you make it yourself and air-pop it, it is very healthy. If you buy ready made stuff obviously it isn't quite as good.

Not sure how you "air pop" popcorn. I make mine in a large saucepan with a tablespoon of hot oil. The only unhealthy thing about popcorn is the sugar/salt you put on it. I like to use cinnamon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure