USA internal flights

Options
Going to America soon, is it cheaper to book internal flights in this country or book them when we get there??? Help!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last year I booked internal flights in the US before leaving the UK. Used one of the US lo-co airlines, Southwest and booked online. Prices were in dollars and it was fine to pay by UK credit card. Found it quite reasonable £30 return Los Angeles to San Fran return.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am off to the USA in 5 weeks, booked all my internal flights on line. Southwest 1st class for price, also good deals from ATA, they fly from the smaller airports.
    Try Kelkoo and cheapflights.com, when you find a price from these, then go to the airlines own site to see if its cheaper. Happy travels.
  • Miss_Sugarie
    Options
    Lived in US for a few years :), used Airtran & Southwest airlines, booked over the net. Both good no frills airlines, cheap, frequent and efficient. Look at the hub airports (Atlanta, Chicargo ect.) checkout the airlines that use those hubs, find thier websites by using a search engine, then check thier route maps ect. thats what i did.
    Have a nice holiday!
    Miss Sug :)
    Waddle you do eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills